Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Why WE Love Dakota…Ashley

Another special little lady, who is one of my biggest heroes that I asked to write about Dakota man is Ashley Sullenger! I have written a handful of times about her and her blog www.sullengers.com and she is listed on my list of blogs under the hero section for many reasons!! I just LOVE her!!

She lost her sweet daughter Preslee in a drowning accident...and through her tragedy and trial she has been a support and lifesaver to me...more then she will ever know!!

Even though she has never met Dakota in person she has been a cheerleader for him and me and I think he has been important to her through her healing as well. Dakota and Preslee suffered almost identical brain injuries just through different accidents and with a different outcome.


Ashleyashley 2 
                      Her and sweet Preslee                  Her and her darling son Ledger
 (now she is a new mom to 2 new twin boys!)

Here is her sweet message about Dakota:

I think if anything, Dakota has taught me that there is a plan for each and everyone of us. And that plan is specifically tailored to fit each individual.And even though things might not turn out how we expect, Heavenly Father will be there to help us as we learn to adapt to a new life. Every time you write about him, or I see pictures, when you look at his eyes, you can tell he has an incredibly strong spirit. I really believe that. And one day when we cross over to the other side, I think both of us will be amazed at how much Preslee's and Dakota's plan was apart of our plan.


I think both Ashley and I have come to realize that neither of our situations were ideal or what we wished upon ourselves...BUT...there was a purpose and a plan for both of our children FAR greater then what either of us could have imagined!

Thanks Ashley for being a part of Dakota's birthday month!!!

1 comment:

  1. Those are the sweetest stories! They brought tears to my eyes. So many people love you Dakota and we are one of those!

    ReplyDelete